The joint workshop presented the results achieved in CH2P project and the future exploitation of the system prototype in the SWITCH project.
The joint workshop presented the results achieved in CH2P project and the future exploitation in the SWITCH project. The CH2P project designed, constructed and tested a novel 20 kg/day SOFC prototype for flexible and multimodal co-generation of hydrogen, heat and power using bio-methane. The SWITCH project exploits and upscales the CH2P prototype by adding SOE operations for green hydrogen production. The SWITCH prototype will operate in five SOE/SOFC modes and it will produce 100 kg/day in SOE mode. The workshop will conclude with a debate on the lesson learned from the two projects and the next steps for technology upscaling and application at Hydrogen Refueling Stations.
The event was hosted by the 15th European SOFC and SOE Forum (EFCF 2022), with the possibility to join both on-site and remote. The event was attended by 54 participants: 38 people connected from remote and 16 attended in presence at KKL in Lucerne.
13:45 – 14:00 Welcome and registration
14:00 – 15:00 CH2P project – impact and results
• 14:00 – 14:20 CH2P: main results and lesson learned – Luigi Crema, FBK
• 14:20 – 14:40 The CH2P prototype: characteristics, configuration and performance – Robert Makkus, HyGear
• 14:40 – 15:0 The Large Stack Module and the Hot BoP: challenges and performance – Zacharie Wuillemin, SOLIDPower SA
15:00 – 15:30 Coffee break
15:30 – 16:30 SWITCH project – exploitation of the CH2P prototype for SOE operations
• 15:30 – 15:45 SWITCH: ambition and status of activities – Luigi Crema, FBK
• 15:45 – 16:00 The SWITCH prototype: CH2P upgrading for SOE operations – Ilaria Mirabelli, HyGear
• 16:00 – 16:15 The SWITCH Large Stack Module: innovation and expected performance –Gabriele Prosperi, SOLIDPower SA
• 16:15 – 16:30 The SWITCH Large Stack Module: testing results achieved in DLR – Matthias Metten, DLR
16:30 – 17:30 Lessons learned and discussion with other participants, moderated by Luigi Crema